Sunday, February 19, 2012

Skrillex Concert





My friend Sarah came to London! She was a debutante with me and is studying in Copenhagen, Denmark for the semester. We decided to get tickets to see a DJ called Skrillex. His music is a genre called Dubstep. If you're over the age of 25, I don't think you'll like his music haha. Anyway, the concert was fun, but instead of enjoying the music and dancing, the British like to mosh to this music. Mosh means to shove and push, which usually goes on at the front of the crowd. Sarah and I accidentally got in the middle of this so we moved to the back. In America, it's unthinkable to mosh to this kind of music, it's the new hippy music so Americans dance and sway. But Sarah and I stayed out of trouble. After the concert, a new friend of mine got us into the VIP lounge of a popular club... very posh (like how I'm using British slang now?).

The next day I took her to some of the markets here. That's the thing to do in London on the weekend: Wake up early and shop at the markets. I think there are over 6 in London. They're full of food stands from all over the world, jewelry stands, clothes, purses, leather jackets, art, prints, posters, pretty much anything you can think of. Every market has some of the same stuff, but each one has a unique atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment