Saturday, March 3, 2012

Scotland! Day One: Edinburgh



The first day of our trip, we took a train to Edinburgh. It was a long trip, but we got there around noon. After we grabbed some lunch, we went to Edinburgh Castle. I've been to Edinburgh before, but I never went to the castle. They have a beautiful war memorial and even a memorial for the dogs of soldiers. They discovered crowned jewels a couple of years ago, so those were on display for the first time. And it was extremely windy! Scotland is the windiest place I've ever been and on top of the hill where the Castle is, the wind nearly blew me over. Later that night we went on a ghost tour. Unlike the one I had been on last time I was in Edinburgh, this tour was more historical and informative about the actual city. And the ticket came with a free pint after the tour! We loved the city so much, we might plan a day trip up there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment